Southview Christian School - Established In 1971
Southview Christian School was started in 1971 as the need became more apparent for a Christian day-school to assist parents in providing a Christian education for their children.
Southview Christian School was established as a ministry of Southview Baptist Church. The school began with 97 students on September 7, 1971.
The first graduating class was in 1977 with four students.
Southview Christian School is a Christ-centered educational ministry of Southview Baptist Church designed to educate children in truth and righteousness, to prepare them to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world by pursuing excellence, and to support the Christian family and the Bible-believing church.
Through the continual evaluation and improvement of staff, facilities, curriculum, and activities, we are striving to develop graduates who are:
Southview Christian School is a non-profit organization. We receive no federal or state financial assistance other than a tax-exempt status. Southview Christian School is a member of the North Carolina Christian School Association (NCCSA) and the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS), which provide a number of benefits for our students. The AACS is a nationally recognized accrediting agency. Our teachers are also certified by AACS.
Southview Christian School Distinctives
Southview Christian School Statement of Faith
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in the Persons of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only Word of God, preserved for the English speaking language in the King James Version.
- We believe in the virgin birth and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal, premillennial return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of the pre-tribulation coming of Christ, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a godly life.